To defend the client’s interests and minimise their risks, always staying abreast of their rights and duties in the face of the technological, economic and social evolution taking place worldwide.
For a legal expert, creating value does not mean taking on a new profession, but rather continuing to practice law, but from a new perspective, one that requires the legal expert to be involved in the development of a client’s business, addressing their needs, thinking of their profitability, image and reputation, always within the framework of the client’s challenges and objectives“.
Antonio Sierra | Abogado-Fundador
Commitment to our principles, acting in accordance with the principles of honour and probity.
Discovering, understanding and resolving the most complex problems in the most efficient ways.
Adapting to the client’s expectations and requirements with imagination and experience.
Organised in such a way as to offer the best quality tailored service at the best price.
A lawyer with over 30 years’ experience in various corporate sectors. He has developed a career that has seen him taking responsibility for the following positions:
- Legal Director at GRUP MARITIM TCB (port terminals operator).
- Legal Vice President of MELIA HOTELS INTERNATIONAL (hospitality).
- Lawyer at SEAT S.A. (automotive)
- Associate Lawyer at Cuatrecasas (legal)
He is a strong believer in the value of the lawyer as someone who is able to be of assistance to others, with commitment, dedication and loyalty, and in the importance of human relations, personal talent and team work in the performance of one’s work.
He set up Denom Legal to place legal advice, both national and international, at the disposal of SMEs, start-ups and asset managers looking for a high quality service that is tailored to their needs.
- In civil, mercantile, labour, tax and administrative law, and in matters involving regulatory compliance, litigation and arbitration.
- In public contracts and tenders, especially involving public grants for investment, construction and development of port terminals (BOT, BOO, BOOT project financing agreements).
- In corporate restructuring operations in several jurisdictions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and shareholder agreements.
- In transactions involving the buying and selling of real estate, leases, sale and lease back agreements, surface rights, purchasing operations, buying and selling of assets, due diligence procedures and contracts for the management of business enterprises, especially in the hospitality sector.
We work putting together the best team of professionals for each task, constantly coordinating our efforts to be able to offer optimal and efficient advice, at both a national and international level. When working on international projects we collaborate with a network of local legal consultants on site and coordinate their work.
- We act as a trusted partner for our clients, building a real team spirit with them and involving ourselves in their business projects.
- We accompany our clients in all aspects of their lives, providing legal solutions that are optimal, reliable and result-oriented.
At your service
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- BUSINESS IMPLEMENTATION
- GOING CONCERNS
- REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
- LEGAL PROCESS AND ARBITRATION
We accompany our clients’ business teams in their projects aimed at national and international growth.
- Project analysis in collaboration with the business team, and planning of the legal actions required to execute the project.
- Analysis of the legal risks involved in the project.
- Design of the best legal strategy for the implementation of the project.
- Preparation of all the legal documentation required to take part in public tender procedures and monitoring of progress right up to the final award of the contract.
- Drafting or revision and negotiation of contracts linked to the business project: concession agreements, leases, management agreements, joint ventures, etc.
- Planning and design of the establishment of all kinds of trading companies and corporate structures, both nationally and internationally.
- Drafting of bylaws, shareholder agreements and vote syndication agreements.
- Operations for purchasing or divestiture of running businesses.
- Legal Due Diligence for the buying and selling of companies, with the involvement of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Buying and selling of fixed assets and real estate, sale & lease back.
We work with the Project implementation team in any activities related to the start-up of the business:
- Advice for all kinds of trading agreements, including: construction contracts (i.e. FIDIC, EPC agreements, etc.), funding rounds and attraction of investors.
- Bank financing contracts, project finance.
- Contracts with clients and suppliers; business management contracts; distribution agreements.
- Employment contracts and senior management contracts.
- Tax applicable to the project.
- Advice and processing of the permits required by the administration to operate the business.
- Advice on processing subsidies and grants.
- Protection of trademarks, brand names and patents.
We advise the business team as regards the legal issues involved in the day-to-day running of the business.
Our services in this area include among others:
- Ongoing consultation.
- Contracts with clients and suppliers.
- Contracts for the supply of goods and services.
- Distribution and agency agreements.
- Transportation contracts and deposit goods agreements.
- Licence agreements.
- Agency, representation and intermediation agreements.
- Franchise contracts.
- General terms and conditions for contracts, purchase orders and online contracting.
- Advice in the field of corporate governance. Drafting of all of the company’s corporate and secretarial documentation regarding the Board of Directors.
- Advice for the administrative bodies in terms of the responsibility of board members and directors.
- Reorganisation and restructuring of groups of companies at a national and international level.
- Refinancing operations.
We analyse the following aspects of the business’ legal risks in collaboration with the management teams.
- Adaptation of management and organisational models for the implementation of systems for regulatory compliance and the prevention of crimes.
- Review of the company’s compatibility with regulations on the protection of personal data, the information society (e-commerce, online contracting) and legislation on competition.
- Process for designing, adapting or implementing organisational and criminal risk management models.
- Analysis of other risks related with the protection of personal data, e-commerce and competition law.
- Development of internal training programmes on the subject of regulatory compliance.
We advise companies and individuals in all kinds of litigation.
Our services in this area include among others:
- Negotiating out-of-court settlements and agreements as an alternative method for the resolution of disputes.
- Legal claims as plaintiffs or respondents, always striving to find the most satisfactory solutions to avoid disturbing company and private activities.
- Civil and commercial legal proceedings.
- Administrative-contentious legal proceedings.
- Appeals for legal protection.
- Execution of foreign judgements.
- Representation in institutional arbitration, under the different standards of the Spanish arbitration institutions, as well as ad hoc arbitration.
- Intervention in legal proceedings relating to arbitration, be it to appoint arbitrators, adopt injunctions or execute rulings.
- Advice in the contractual phase, evaluating the client’s position at the time of drafting the arbitration agreement and establishing the most appropriate institution in each case, as well as advice in the processing the arbitration of the ruling issued by the same, and advice relating to appeals for the annulment or review of arbitration rulings, or the recognition and implementation of foreign rulings.